Onward Israel Arts and Culture
Immerse yourself in all of the culture Israel has to offer with a unique summer internship in Jerusalem. Live and work abroad in the country with the most museums per capita in the world. This is an opportunity to spend the summer exploring professional opportunities in the cultural area of your passion in diverse fields such as music, dance, visual arts, photography, film and more.
SAMPLE WEEKLY SCHEDULE:
*participants will also take part in two scheduled weekend programs
|InternshipEvening group meeting: Visit an art gallery opening in the city||Internship||InternshipEvening: Optional mini-Ulpan class||Group trip: travel with your group to visit one of Israel’s world renowned museums||Internship|
EXAMPLES OF PAST INTERNSHIPS:
- Marketing and PR Assistant Internship at Bible Lands Museum
- Production Assistant Internship at C.a.t.a.m.o.n. Dance Group and the Jerusalem Theater
- PR Internship for Israel Museum Events at ContactPoint
- Project and PR Coordination Internship at the Jerusalem Foundation
- Welcome Desk and Community Engagement Intern at the Tower of David Museum
- Architecture Internship at YBGSNA
- Media Production Assistant Intern at Jerusalem Seasons of Culture
Dates: June 14-August 9
Included: Housing, insurance, food stipend, ground transportation and program costs.
All participants are responsible for cost of and arranging their own flights.
This Onward Israel program is operated through a partnership between the Beacon and Shapira Foundations and other lead philanthropists and The Jewish Agency for Israel. It is organized by Israel Experience.
Apartments or dorm-style housing in greater Jerusalem area.
This program is open to young adults aged 19-27, from around the world, who are fluent in English, with an interest in working in an artistic or cultural environment:
- who have NOT spent more than 3 months collectively in Israel on peer-programming
- who have NOT participated on another Onward Israel or MASA program
- who did NOT complete their secondary education at a Jewish day school in North America
Onward Israel Arts & Culture is one of our global, field of interest based programs, designed for applicants with a specific interest in working and exploring Israel through this topical lens. Preference will be given to applicants who are not eligible for a community based Onward Israel program.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have questions about your eligibility or for more information about these programs in general, please contact Rebecca Zuck at RebeccaZ@jafi.org